A guide to the story of rock’n’roll in Los Angeles. From the rowdy R&B clubs of Central Avenue, through rockabilly, surf, folk-rock and into the wild 1970s, this large-format map charts nightspots, studios, record company HQs and homes of the stars.
Fact-filled entries by musician and writer Deke Dickerson pinpoint 70 significant sites: * The birthplace of Louie, Louie
* Where the Byrds met Bob Dylan
* Pandora’s Box, epicentre of the 1966 riots on Sunset Strip
* Where James Brown recorded Say It Loud – I’m Black And I’m Proud
* The burger stand where Brian Wilson hit on the idea for Fun, Fun, Fun
* Through to Rodney’s English Disco, site of excessive scenes involving Iggy Pop, the Runaways and a cast of glam and punk ne’er-do-wells.
The design has the bubblegum punch of a 1960s comic book, and we’ve used pulpy paper stock to give an authentic look, feel and smell. Use Boss Angeles! next time you’re in Los Angeles – or enjoy it at home with the radio blasting.
Written by: Deke Dickerson
Design: Ivan Rock
Map (400x690mm), cards (100x138mm)
Litho-printed in Sussex, England using vegetable-oil-based inks on sustainably sourced paper
- In Stock Out of Stock