The Hardboiled Apple
Uncover clues to the story of New York City crime fiction from dime novels to pulp magazines to drugstore paperbacks and current best-sellers. This large-format map pinpoints 55 places authors lived and worked, and the scenes of the crime, from the dark beginnings of the genre to the gritty present.
• David Goodis’ poisoned streets and alleys
• Richard Price’s combat zone Lower East Side
• The outer borough noir of William Boyle
• Patricia Highsmith’s shirtmaker of choice
• The 19th-century city of Caleb Carr
In addition to the map, The Hardboiled Apple comes in its own die-cut folder with a handy notepad that’s ideal for sleuthing.
Written by Jon Hammer and Karen McBurnie
Design & illustration by Andy Gregg
Map (400 x 690mm), notepad
Litho-printed in Sussex, England using vegetable-oil-based inks on sustainably sourced paper
- In Stock Out of Stock