We met Anne Ditmeyer on Instagram, but for the writer of Paris: Small Shops, nothing takes the place of the real world…
Tell us your three favourite places (where you live): one restaurant or bar, one shop and one thing to do!
- Café Loustic (Paris 3ème) – I love that this coffee shop is a mix of locals and travellers. I go at least once a week to chat with the owner.
- Papier Tigre (Paris 3ème) – As much time as I spend on the internet I’m still a paper person at the end of the day, and Papier Tigre creates the most beautiful and creative stationery and paper products.
- Michelberger Hotel in Berlin. I love literally everything about this hotel, but also had a fantastic meal in their restaurant.
- I have a soft spot for great bookshops. Libraria Le Devager in the very cool LX Factory in Lisbon made my jaw drop when I walked in.
- I love learning when I travel. Recently I went to London to take a class at the School of Life.
Favourite city or place to visit?
My most recent trip was to Nantes, France. I didn’t expect to love it as much as I did, so it’s a new favourite. There’s an amazing art centre (Le Lieu Unique) in a former Lu biscuit factory, a 40-foot mechanical elephant (Les Machines de l’Île Nantes), and an amazing bar with fantastic views designed by my favourite French illustrator Jean Jullien (Le Nid).
A travel tip or best travel item.
Book a workshop or conference and build a trip around it. It’s a great way to feel inspired and the perfect excuse to go somewhere. (I’m off to Dublin next for an Annie Atkins workshop!)